Saturday 19 February 2011

Come On Baby Light My Fire


I've been sick girls.

Not in the conventional sense you understand.

Sick in my heart.

It started back in the summer, in June. My lover was kind and sympathetic as you would expect.

And I was in denial for a while. Then just got absorbed in a wave of negativity.

I was left wondering if football and I would ever love each other again.

So I sat. And waited. And hoped.

And eventually it happened.

Like all great love affairs there was a bond too strong to be broken.

And once again I find I have been seduced.

First of all slowly. The odd Foxes win here. A visit to Forest Green Rovers there.

And then this week, like lovers reunited after a long break, football and I finally jumped into bed together again.

Who could resist this? Or indeed this?

2 comments:

Paul Coombes said...

Welcome back.

Georgina Best said...

Thanks. It's been a while. Sitting down now to watch the ManUre v CT.